The Best Lyrics from Every Song on Taylor Swift’s Lover

Lover is a masterpiece, and I’d be lying if I said I haven’t been playing it on repeat. Even as a die-hard Swiftie, I knew that Taylor had a lot to live up to after incredible albums like Red, 1989, and Reputation, but she managed to create a lyrically beautiful album that will stand the test of time. Don’t believe me? I’ve put together a list of the best lyrics from all eighteen, glorious tracks to prove it.

1. 2.  “And I screamed for whatever it's worth / I love you, ain't that the worst thing you ever heard? / He looks up, grinning like a devil”

2. 3.  “All's well that ends well to end up with you”

From "Lover"

3. 4. “'Cause if I was a man / Then I'd be the man”

4. 7. “Running through rose thorns / I saw the scoreboard / And ran for my life”

5. 8. "Went home and tried to stalk you on the internet / Now I've read all of the books beside your bed"

6. 9. “We were a fresh page on the desk / Filling in the blanks as we go”

7. 11. “He likes my American smile / Like a child when our eyes meet, darling, I fancy you”

8. 13. “Staring out the window like I'm not your favorite town / I'm New York City”

9. 14. “Comparing all the girls who are killing it / But we figured you out / We all know now we all got crowns”

10. 15. “Why'd I have to break what I love so much?”

11. 16. "Livin' in winter, I am your summer”

From "Me!"

12. 17. “Something gave you the nerve / To touch my hand”

13. 18. “I wounded the good and I trusted the wicked / Clearing the air, I breathed in the smoke”