8 Ways for Singles to Enjoy Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

With Valentine’s Day approaching, it can get irritating and upsetting to see cute couple pictures on social media and excessive amounts of public displays of affection all around you. Not everyone finds their special someone in time for Valentine’s Day, and not everyone wants a special person. If you’re in this position, here are a few things to do for yourself on Valentine’s Day!

Take a hot bubble bath.

Nothing is more relaxing than a bubble bath. Grab a glass of wine while you’re at it. Indulge and soak in the water until your skin wrinkles if you want to. Put on some music. It’s your day now, and you deserve some peace and quiet without interruption!

Go lingerie shopping.

Even if you don’t have someone to show it off to or wear it for, buying lingerie can boost your self-confidence and have you prepared for when you do find that special someone! Dance around in your new sexy outfit and turn up the music!

Change your perception of the holiday.

Everyone thinks that Valentine’s Day is for lovers, however, that’s not all it is for! Valentine’s Day is historically to celebrate love and friendship. Use this time to reflect on everyone in your life that you admire, love and give thanks to.  

Treat yourself to the spa.

Get a facial, massage or your nails and feet done. You will feel confident and enjoy the service! If you don’t have the financial ability to do so, you have options. Paint your own nails, re-style your hair or do an at home facial!

Catch up on your Z’s .

What college student has a decent sleep schedule? Not me, that’s for sure. If you’re in the same boat, catch up on your sleep! Sleep is great for your body, and you’ll feel well-rested after. Fall in love with your pillows, not a man.

Binge watch a new TV series

The shows are endless and are constantly being added! Kick back in your pajamas and watch the newest drama, action or scary series/movie! Add some snacks and your pet for a fun night in. FYI: The Bachelor IS on Hulu!

Babysit.

With tons of couple out and about, babysitting will be in demand! If you have any neighbors or family friends with kids in the area, ask if they would like a babysitter. If not, sites like Sittercity.com and Care.com are a great option.

Sweat out your frustration.

Going to the gym or attending a work-out class is a fun way to stay fit and meet new people. If you have a gym nearby, go for a few hours and see if they have any classes available on Valentine’s Day. You never know, you may find your true love doing lunges in your favorite leggings.

Ashleigh is a junior at Clemson University studying English and Brand Communication. She has hopes of writing for a magazine post-college. You can find her at the beach, chipotle, or in Death, Valley Stadium watching Clemson football!
Mayme Medlock is a junior at Clemson University, studying political science with an emphasis in international relations. In her free time, you'll find her chasing cute dogs, talking about studying abroad in the Balkans, watching copious amounts of Netflix, and putting people at ease when they question her name's pronunciation (May-m, not May-me).