This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Guys You Meet On Tinder

Tinder has made itself known as the “hookup app” for college students across the 

country. It allows users to swipe “yes” or “no” in seconds, filtering out any sort of 

emotional connection. Sounds great, right? It can be, if you’re one of the lucky ones. 

But most of the time, we see the same types of guys over and over when we’re 

scrolling through. Whether you’re new to Tinder or a seasoned user, you’ll recognize 

these guys right away (and you probably want to avoid them). 

1. The “Blank Bio”

This is the guy you see who has plenty of pictures to scroll through, but nothing 

written in his bio. What are you hiding? Are you really trying to have an air of 

mystery on Tinder? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS. 

2. The “Come To My Place”

As soon as you start talking to this guy, he asks if you want to come over to his place. 

“We could watch a movie”. Right, because that’s exactly what you want. A fun filled 

night at some random guy’s apartment, where you spend the majority of your time 

looking for escape routes. 

3. The “Looking For A Friend”

This guy is on Tinder for all the wrong reasons. He’s “new to the area” and “wants to 

make some friends”. He’s cute, but way too invested in making his friends on a 

dating app known for its hookups. Or maybe he’s lying and trying to play the nice 

guy? Either way, not worth your time. 

4. The “Muscles Only”

For whatever reason, this guy only has pictures of his abs and his arms. He refuses 

to show his face, which is definitely a red flag. No matter how great his abs are. 

5. The “One Pic Wonder”

This is the guy that only has one picture, and it’s probably blurry. Like the “Blank 

Bio”, it makes you wonder what this guy is so secretive about. Really, you’re on 

Tinder. You can’t have that much to hide. 

6. The “Don’t I Know You?”

You start talking to this guy, and he immediately says “Don’t I know you from 

somewhere?”. No, actually, you don’t. Although, if he actually does know you, that 

can lead to some rather awkward real-life conversations. Best to just avoid this 

altogether. 

7. The “My Dog Is Cuter Than Me”

This guy only has pictures of his dog. Score. But he clearly doesn’t want you to 

actually know what he looks like. Why is everyone so obsessed with being 

mysterious? Either way, if I swipe right, it’s because I want to talk to your dog, not 

you. 

8. The “Group Pic Guy”

He only has group pictures, so you have to play the super fun game of guessing 

which one he actually is. Bonus points if they’re all wearing sunglasses. 

The moral of this story is that if a guy on Tinder seems sketchy, chances are he 

probably is.

My name is Carly McRae and I'm a junior at Clemson University. I'm studying Secondary Education with an emphasis in English and am in denial that I'm more than halfway done with school. I'm a member of TakeNote, our female a cappella group, Clemson University Singers, as well as the Beta Kappa chapter of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. I love being a Clemson tiger and am so excited to be writing for Her Campus!
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!