stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Songs to Power Up Your Motivation to Workout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Like many others, I bet you have included getting fit into your New Years resolution and goals. You may be thinking of that workout you missed yesterday due to catching up on How To Get Away With Murder or the Chic-Fil-A sandwich you want to devour tonight. While all of those things are great, you owe it to yourself to take a bigger step to reach your goal. Beyond eating healthy, working out is a great way to get ready for that summer body you’ve been dreaming of. Despite any cheat days you’ve had, there is always time to jump back in and tackle your goal! With busy schedules, early mornings and late nights squeezing in a workout can be quite difficult. But luckily this list of tunes can energize you and get you pumped up for a great workout. My personal Top 5 workout songs include:

1. Yoga by Janelle Monae

This upbeat, R&B tune is great for that pre-workout stretch to prepare your body for a great workout. Janelle’s inspiring words will make you feel like you are ready to conquer the one-handed tree pose.

2. Confident by Demi Lovato

Demi fails to disappoint with her hit Confident. As you strut down the treadmill Demi reminds me you that being confident is the right way to go. No goal that you have is too big or small for you to achieve; your confidence will take you far.

3. Upgrade U by Beyonce

A bit of a throwback, Beyonce’s “Upgrade U” will forever be included in any workout playlist of mine. Her sass, confidence and charisma shine throughout the song and inspires you to “WERK” while you are in the gym. Put in everything you’ve got and you will see just how you upgrade those results!

4. Work Hard, Play Hard by Wiz Khalfia

Just like the lyrics said, it’s time to work hard so you can play harder. This hip-hop tune is the perfect song to help you push through weight training and get in an extra set of dumbbell curls. The muscles definitely won’t build themselves. Work hard now so you can play harder and sport your new bod during spring break.

5. Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake & Timbaland

Although “your sexy” never left, it’s time get your sexy on in the gym. This major throwback will make you feel on top of the world. Justin’s smooth voice matched with Timbaland’s rough voice is pure perfection. If anything, do it for Justin; he wrote it for you and wants you to get your sexy back!

Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!