5 Reasons We Love First Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

It’s that time of year Tigers…It’s the eve of the first home game of the season, and campus could not be more excited for First Friday! Her Campus Clemson can’t wait for this weekend’s festivities, which begin TODAY! In case you don’t know what First Friday is, it occurs the Friday before the first home game in celebration of our university and the start of football season. Current tigers and alumni flock to our beautiful university to be united with their Clemson Family. In honor of the festivities, we’ve included our top 5 things to be excited for today…

1. First Friday Shirts

It’s no secret that college students LOVE t-shirts and tanks. Central Spirit has been selling First Friday shirts all week on Library Bridge, and the design this year definitely illustrates the tight bond of the Clemson family that expands across the world. There truly is nothing like the Clemson family!

2. First Friday Parade

Tradition is very important to our beloved university, and the First Friday parade is a tradition in its 42nd year. At 6 pm today, 75 organizations will march in the parade to celebrate this year’s theme of “The Clemson Family: Together as One.” The parade will feature the Tiger Band, Rally Cats, cheerleaders, alumni, and more! It’s a wonderful opportunity to experience the Clemson Family firsthand in this beloved tradition.

3. Soccer Game

Our men’s soccer team will play the University of North Carolina tonight at Riggs Field at 7:30 pm. It’s the first ACC soccer game of the season, and it sure looks like it’ll be a good one as the #2 ranked Tigers play the #3 ranked Tar Heels. Make sure you come out to support our tigers!

4. Pep Rally

During halftime of the men’s soccer game, Central Spirit will hold the First Friday pep rally with Miss First Friday and the banner winner being announced. What could be better than spending your night with 6,500 of your closest friends?

5. GAMEDAY TOMORROW!!!

As we tigers lay down our heads on our pillows tonight, we’ll dream of football and Death Valley as we get ready for the first game day of the season.  The excitement is almost too much to bear!

GO CLEMSON AND GO TIGERS!!!!

Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19