This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Fall: The time of the year where I finally can wear my cute outfits because I won’t sweat walking to class… then I remembered I live in South Carolina and the weather is moodier than my sister. 50 degrees one day then 90 degrees the next! Dear Weather, please just pick a season.

In all seriousness, Fall is a beautiful season. Working at the local farm, Denver Downs has made me appreciate fall much more than I have before. Everything is just better on a farm in the fall season. The sunsets are magnificent. The leaves are vibrant. And of course, all the Pumpkin-Spiced-flavored everything is in stores everywhere.

When I think of Fall, I think of these must do’s to max out the fall experience.

Visit a Fair or Farm

Ah! I love State Fairs. They have the best food, so get a funnel cake and some other 2,000-calorie deep-fried thing and go have some fun. I mean who doesn’t like food and cute pictures on the top of a Ferris Wheel or winning some pet Goldfish that will most likely pass away in a few days (R.I.P. Jerry)? Come on! How fun is that!

Farms are also a must do. They have so many activities for you to do. For instance, Denver Downs has a ton of activities for all ages to do like zip lines, corn-filled sandboxes, and lots and lots of hay. Of course, you can’t forget about their famous gigantic maze or a relaxing hay ride with friends. Denver Downs even have a haunted house section as well to get you into the true Halloween spirit.

Pet a Farm Animal: They are AMAZING

I mean who does not like baby animals. Baby pigs are just the cutest things ever. You can hold baby goats, and it’s like holding your pet cat Fluffy. And don’t forget about sweet baby calves that you can befriend that are just like giant dogs. As you can tell, I have befriended many farm animals working at Denver Downs. I know, being in college, you are deprived of any sort of animal. Seeing an animal that reminds you of your pet at home can lift your spirits instantly.

Get Lost In a Maze

I must say, corn fields are my happy place. Maybe because I am from Ohio, where there is nothing but cornfields. Look at a cornfield at sunset, and you will understand why. Since I have a thing for corn, I love mazes.

Denver Down has a huge maze. This is not your typical corn maze, this maze is a piece of art. It is like a giant puzzle. This year’s theme is John Deere in honor of their 100-year anniversary, so the maze design is of a huge tractor. It takes, on average, about an hour to an hour and a half to get through. There are 12 checkpoints within the maze. What I like to do is split into groups and see who can get to all checkpoints and out of the maze the fastest. I take silly pictures at each stop with my group and smack talk the other group while running to the next checkpoint. For an extra challenge, bring a flashlight and try it at night.

Pumpkin Picking

It stinks not being able to keep a 25-pound craved pumpkin in my dorm room but looking at pumpkins is just as fun. Denver Downs has a fantastic pumpkin patch with a ton of shapes, sizes, and colors along with a Pick-Your-Own Zinnias and Sunflower patches. AND Denver Downs has low prices to pick.

Pumpkin picking goes back to my childhood memories. We would always go to a farm to pick our pumpkins. If you have never bought a pumpkin from a field, then this is a MUST for you.

Artsy Pictures

There is something about fall pictures that are just better than other seasons. I believe it is the lighting personally. If you have not taken your photo in a pumpkin patch or in a sunflower patch, then you need to hop in the car and drive to Denver Downs. Denver Downs has by far the cutest places for pictures. You can take a picture sitting on a large hay bale or with a backdrop of a wall of corn stalks. And of course, there are tractors and barns that as always make great classic farm pictures as well.

Fall time has much to offer for a short period of time. In a blink of an eye, it will be over, and you have to wait another 365 more days until you can experience your fall festivities once again. Time is ticking, so go get your Pumpkin Spiced Latte and head down to a local farm like Denver Downs for a great time.

XOXO Samantha

Just a girl who wants to brighten someone's day just one Big Ol' Smile at a time. Follow my journey on social media: @sgallo09