element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 Best Websites for Unique Holiday Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Holiday shopping is no small task, especially when you are completely clueless about where to begin. That is why I’m here to spread some holiday cheer and make your holiday shopping stress-free! Below are my five favorite websites to find unique, personal, fun, and — most importantly — college student budget-friendly gifts that will be perfect for anyone on your list. Now, grab your hot chocolate and your credit card, and let’s get shopping!

UncommonGoods

UncommonGoods is the ultimate spot to find the most unique gifts for even the toughest people on your list. With holiday gift guides that includes products made from recycled materials, handmade by artists, and personalized for your love ones, you might just find ideas for your own wish list! As an independently owned company, UncommonGoods donates $1 with every purchase to a non-profit partner of your choice as part of the Better to Give program. Currently, UncommonGoods has given $357,130 since 2016 to the International Rescue Committee who helps those whose lives were affected by natural disasters or political conflict. Do some good this holiday season and get your friend an empowering puzzle featuring all your favorite female figures made from 85% recycled paper!

Nevertheless She Persisted Puzzle – $18.00

Esty

“Keep Commerce Human” is Etsy’s mission, and they are a global marketplace where individual artists, crafters, and designers can sell their handmade items. By bringing a human touch back to buying and selling, you are able to communicate with the artist to create the perfect, one-of-a-kind gift that your love one will cherish forever. With clothing, jewelry and accessories, home and living, wedding and party, home and entertainment, art, and much more, shop for your entire list in one place! Start here by shopping for a dog lover with this personalized, sequined dog pillow featuring your own fuzzy friend.

Personalized Dog Pillow – $17.99+

Grommet

For the gift you never knew you needed, check out Grommet. Items like a cookie spoon to perfectly dip your cookie into milk, a waterless makeup brush-cleaning pad, and knitted sushi socks leave your friends wondering how you found the gift of their dreams. Grommet helps you find the most unique gifts by seeking out small business and independent makers who make innovative products. Because Grommet commits to pretesting every item on their site, only 3% of products they test pass their quality control. So, sleep tonight knowing you’ll own the title of best gift-giver by buying this essential oil, aromatherapy infused therapy dough for stress relief.

Therapy Dough – $25.00

Ban.do

For your free spirit, fun-loving friend, check out Ban.do for a gift to match their personality.  Ban.do is committed to designing products that make people happy and help them “feel better”. With their mental health support collection that works to reduce the stigma against mental health disorders, “feel good” knowing you are buying from an amazing brand! Check out their trendy graphic tees, jewelry, wellness, beauty, and beautiful décor for a gift that will make your best friend smile. Begin with this “Best Year Ever” Calendar for a positive, colorful start to 2020!

Best Year Ever Wall Calendar – $18.00

Ten Thousand Villages

Ten Thousand Villages has always been one of my favorite shops to find unique and beautiful gifts because each product is hand made by an artisan in a developing country. This in-store and online global marketplace is committed to creating opportunities for people in developing countries by bringing their stories and products to life. With gifts categorized by interest for the foodie, the explorer, the cat lover, and much more, find the perfect gift for your loved one that has a meaningful story behind it. Break the cycle of poverty and terrible gift-giving by providing the gift of happiness with this Star Bracelet handmade in Ecuador!

Star Bracelet – $20.99

Kelly Cherry

Clemson '21

I'm a junior Marketing and Communications double major at Clemson University. I'm involved as a member of Delta Zeta sorority, Delta Sigma Pi Business Fraternity, and Calhoun Honors College. I love to journal, do yoga, travel, eat lots of Mexican food and I am constantly on the quest for the best acai bowl. Through my writing I hope to inspire and connect with other college students!
Mayme Medlock is a junior at Clemson University, studying political science with an emphasis in international relations. In her free time, you'll find her chasing cute dogs, talking about studying abroad in the Balkans, watching copious amounts of Netflix, and putting people at ease when they question her name's pronunciation (May-m, not May-me).