4 Quotes to Live by to Make the Most of Your New Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.
“It doesn’t matter where you are coming from. All that matters is where you are going.” 

-Brian Tracy

You may be thinking, “This is such a cliche quote”, and you’re not wrong, but it is also a very important mindset to have to start this new year. If 2019 wasn’t your best year, 2020 is a fresh start with plenty of unwritten stories and opportunities. Stay positive and focus on your path to success this year!

“If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.”

-Seth Godin

This quote can be interpreted in many different ways. Someone may be scared of heights and think, “Oh, this quote is telling me to try sky-diving,” which could be a good interpretation if you do it in a safe manner. However, by sharing this quote, my interpretation is to try things like socializing with new people, joining a new club, or playing a new sport. These things can be very scary, but the results will surprise you.

“The miracle of gratitude is that it shifts your perception to such an extent that it changes the world you see.”

-Dr. Robert Holden

Realizing what you have in your life and taking a moment to be grateful for it can change your entire perspective in a matter of seconds. Personally, after starting this routine of acknowledging the things I’m grateful for in my life, I found myself having a more positive outlook on life that overflows to others.

“But still, like air, I’ll rise.”

-Maya Angelou

This quote is short in length but deep in meaning. If 2020 brings you stressful situations, keep this phrase in mind. You have been through difficult times in the past, and you are still living your beautiful life. Don’t give up when things get hard, and keep rising above. 

Hey there! My name is Morgan Allison, and I am an Early Childhood Education major at Clemson University. I enjoy ALL things "girl", like shopping (a lot), getting my nails done, style & fashion, and so much more!
Mayme Medlock is a junior at Clemson University, studying political science with an emphasis in international relations. In her free time, you'll find her chasing cute dogs, talking about studying abroad in the Balkans, watching copious amounts of Netflix, and putting people at ease when they question her name's pronunciation (May-m, not May-me).