14 Starbucks Hacks You Need in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.
Fourteen Starbucks Hacks that Will Stretch Your Paw Points All Year

As Autumn rolls in and the leaves start to change color, we can all agree that 

nothing is better in this world than cuddling up with a Pumpkin Spiced Latte on a 

rainy day. But let’s face it: we’re all college students and we don’t have the cash to 

spend $5 at Starbucks on a daily basis. So here are fourteen saving hacks that will 

allow you to still enjoy your coffee on a daily basis while surviving the year on your 

budget. 

1. Iced Lattes for $2

Order a triple espresso over ice in a Venti cup and then fill the rest up with milk in 

the condiment area. Voila! You have yourself an iced latte and saved $3!

2. 50 Cent Refills

If you enjoy sipping on iced coffee, hot coffee, hot tea, or iced tea you can get a refill 

for only 50 cents. And this trick still stands even if your original drink was not one 

listed above!

3. Be Environmentally Friendly

Bring in your own cup and get 10 cents off your order.

4. Got time? Order a coffee press!

Make your Starbucks trip a social experience and share a coffee press with a few of 

your friends while studying. The coffee press serves a few cups of coffee and is 

cheaper than individually ordering drinks. 

5. Ask for light or no ice

Baristas tend to fill your drink with about 25-30% ice! In order to get more bang for 

your buck ask for less ice. 

6. Got a Birthday Coming Up?

Register a Starbucks rewards card and get a free drink within 30 days of your 

birthday. 

7. Order a Short

If you’re purely in it for the caffeine, order a Short, which is a size smaller than the 

Tall. It has the same espresso in it as a Tall but for less money. 

8. Save 60 Cents on Your Chai Latte

Order a hot chai tea and ask the barista to fill it with hot milk, otherwise known as a 

chai latte misto. Not only is it cheaper than the chai latte but it has less calories. 

9. The Simpler the Better

If you’re ordering a Venti Vanilla Bean Frap every time you hit Starbucks, chances 

are you’re spending way too much money on your coffee. Stick to simple iced or 

regular hot coffee and you’re wallet will thank you. 

10. Order a Larger Cup

If you’re ordering regular coffee, ask for it in a cup the next size up so that you have 

room to add cream while still paying for the smaller size. 

11. Skip the Latte

Order a Café Misto instead of a Latte. A Café Misto is half coffee and half steamed 

milk. It tastes very similar to a Latte while being half the price! 

12. Get to the Gold Level

If you are part of the Starbucks Rewards Program and get to the Gold Level you will 

receive a free drink with every 12 purchases, personalized offers and coupons, and 

welcome and green level rewards. 

13. Swap Out Your Frap and Save Calories

Order a blended iced Americano with a shot of your favorite syrup and your 

waistline and wallet will thank you. 

14. DIY Tea Latte 

Order a Grande Tea in a Venti cup with your favorite flavor shot and lots of extra 

room and add milk. It tastes the exact same as your overpriced tea latte at half the 

price.
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!