This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Sometimes, songs help us express our feelings better than regular words ever could. It’s arguably one of the best feelings ever when we find a song about a very specific feeling or mood we’re in. It feels like those songs were written for us because we know exactly where the artists are coming from! I have 11 songs for 11 specific feelings you might have experienced at one point or another. Just sit back, relax, and allow me to introduce you to something new!

“Hey, Alexa, play…”

“Hey Now” by The Regrettes 

This song perfectly expresses what goes through your head when you see that one person around campus that you and your friends may or may not have a stupid code name for. 

“in my head” by Ariana Grande 

When a person you thought you knew lets you down, there are only a few ways you can cope. Put this song on repeat cause Ariana Grande knows exactly what it’s like. 

“Love a Girl Right” by Little Mix

It’s annoying watching your friend entertain somebody that doesn’t deserve her!

Honorable Mention is “Told You So” on the same album. It’s the ultimate sad girl hour anthem!

“Miss Shiney” by Kaiit 

This one is for when you’re doing your best and trying to keep the self-criticism to a minimum.

“I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You” by Black Kids 

This song gives us the words to voice that feeling when you like someone but that someone wants you to help them get someone else. Lol, that doesn’t happen to anyone else?

“Ain’t It Fun” by Paramore 

We are in a strange stage in our lives with all the changes and growth, and Paramore knows exactly how we feel.

Honorable Mention: The entire After Laughter album! 

“Sleep When Dead” by A Giant Dog 

When you hit hour three of your all-nighter but you won’t quit because sleep is for the weak! 

“OMG” by Little Mix 

I couldn’t help it! What other song are you gonna play when everybody but the person you like falls in love with you …again?

Lol, that doesn’t happen to anyone else? Hey, leaving a string of broken hearts isn’t easy, but someones gotta do it! 

“About You Now” by Miranda Cosgrove 

When you see your boyfriend talking to some other girl while you’re in a photobooth, you think he’s cheating on you, but it’s just a massive misunderstanding. Let’s be honest, we’ve all been there (or have we?)

“Me vs. The World” by Halo Friendlies 

Just blast this on those days you can’t catch a single break. 

“Tourist” by Verschieden 

When you’re finally in a good place and you’re not gonna let anyone kill your vibe, blast this song!

Check it out here!

I could honestly go on forever because music allows us to express feelings we can’t put into words ourselves. I hope you discovered you’re next favorite song! If you knew these already, hit me up. We should totally hang out because apparently we have a thing or two in common!

Niara is a Marketing major with a minor in Brand Communications and Business Writing. She's from Columbia, South Carolina and spends most of her free time arguing with her twin sister and daydreaming.
Mayme Medlock is a junior at Clemson University, studying political science with an emphasis in international relations. In her free time, you'll find her chasing cute dogs, talking about studying abroad in the Balkans, watching copious amounts of Netflix, and putting people at ease when they question her name's pronunciation (May-m, not May-me).