10 Things I learned My Freshman Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

10 Things I learned My Freshman Year at Clemson

1. If you talk on your phone the people on Library Bridge won’t hand you their things or ask you any questions

It also makes for a good time to have a quick chat with your family or friends from home.

2. Make friends with people in your classes in case you skip

I promise most of us are going to miss one or five 8 AMs on Mondays

3. Sometimes it is appropriate to drink 5 coffees a day.

But don’t do this too often or your paw points will run out within the first month of the semester.

4. There are tons of “Thirsty Thursdays.”

You should study for your Friday test

5. Walks of shame are particularly shameful when you have to walk through the tour groups

6. It is not weird if you go to CAPS

We all go through some things, some confusion and pain lasts longer than others, but all are made a little better with a little help.

7. Joining a Greek organization is more than the media, the time commitment, or the cost

“If I’m paying for my friends, I’m honestly not paying enough.”

8. The my.Clemson app is actually your best friend

Have no fear! You will never have to ask upperclassmen for directions around campus again!

9.  Don’t be afraid to ask for numbers.

You’ll catch yourself thinking about how that drunk girl that you met at Little Caesars is doing or regretting not getting that cute guy’s digits.

10. No one cares about who you were in high school.

This is a time to be whomever you want.  In the words of Mrs. Frizzle, “Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!”

Thumbnail credit

Freshman English & Psychology major at Clemson UniversityGamma Phi Beta sorority