sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Girl Gang Costumes to Slay Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Halloween is coming, and your friends still haven’t decided on a group costume! The Disney princess thing has been overdone, and you guys were already angels and devils last year. Don’t worry because I’ve come up with some ideas for fun squad costumes for you and your girl gang!

The Hex Girls

They were cute in scooby doo, and you and your friends could totally rock the vampire rockstar look! Check out this amazing Instagram post for some inspo. 

The Power Puff Girls

Any outfit or t-shirt with the iconic colors could achieve this look. This is also a simple costume you could throw together last minute!

The Heathers

This is a fun, fresh take on the classic schoolgirl look. 

The Craft

Ditch the long gowns and pointy hats, and base your costume off these four girls. If you’ve got more people, just add more leather and combat boots, and you’ve got a whole coven of witches!

The Kanker Sisters

You could go as a female version of Ed, Edd n Eddy or their tormentors, The Kanker Sisters. Only real ones will be able to guess who you are. Carry around jawbreakers and see how many people can guess who you are!

The Proud Family and the Gross Sisters 

Penny Proud and her friends were the ultimate squad goals and the perfect group costume for you and your friends! 

The Purge Girls

The Purge might be a few years old, but the costume is so simple. Just rip a few white shirts, throw on a tutu, add some fake blood, maybe a bat or two, and you’re set! 

Toy Story

There’s an infinite number of characters for a huge group! Your entire sorority could dress up with the Toy Story theme. When you run out of characters with speaking parts, everyone else can be either aliens or soldiers. 

The Pink Ladies

There were only four pink ladies, but if you just grab a pink jacket and black leggings, you can add as many as you want. The more the merrier! (Don’t forget to add a Sandy) 

Alice in Wonderland

You could start with just Alice and the Mad Hatter. Then, add in the Cheshire Cat with the Red Queen until you’ve got a huge group costume. Just like Toy Story, if you run out of main characters just add extra people as card guards!

These costumes are bound to have you winning any and every contest this Halloween. If you don’t like any of these suggestions, try thinking of old TV shows and movies for inspiration. The costume possibilities are endless!

Niara is a Marketing major with a minor in Brand Communications and Business Writing. She's from Columbia, South Carolina and spends most of her free time arguing with her twin sister and daydreaming.
Mayme Medlock is a junior at Clemson University, studying political science with an emphasis in international relations. In her free time, you'll find her chasing cute dogs, talking about studying abroad in the Balkans, watching copious amounts of Netflix, and putting people at ease when they question her name's pronunciation (May-m, not May-me).