10 Encouraging Quotes for “April Scaries”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Let’s be real – April is like the Sunday of the Spring Semester. We’re mere weeks from the torment of exams, but we’re stuck in a stressful limbo of trying to cram everything in while also maintaining sanity. The end is so close that we can almost taste it, but the final lap is a bitter sprint.

Maybe you’re worried about classes or exams or homework or internships or moving or even graduating, but you’ve got this. Don’t believe me? Here are 10 encouraging quotes to get you through the “April Scaries.”

1. “You are so close to the victory, don’t you dare give up now.”

2. “It doesn’t matter what others are doing. It matters what YOU are doing.”

3. “School is tough, but so are you.”

4. “Everything you need to accomplish your goals is already in you.”

5. “You are amazing. Remember that.”

6. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” 

7. “Never, never, never give up.”

8. “You got this.”

9. “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.”

10. “Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn.”

Mayme Medlock is a junior at Clemson University, studying political science with an emphasis in international relations. In her free time, you'll find her chasing cute dogs, talking about studying abroad in the Balkans, watching copious amounts of Netflix, and putting people at ease when they question her name's pronunciation (May-m, not May-me).
Kate Freed

Clemson '21

Hi! My name is Kate Freed and I'm from Raleigh, NC. I'm a sophomore Communication major at Clemson University. I love all things fitness, food, and fashion. I teach kickboxing and barre and am passionate about motivating others to be their best selves.