Your Guide to stART on the Street

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

stART on the Street is central Massachusetts’ largest art, music, and performance festival, and if you’re a Clarkie, it’s a fall tradition. The rain may have meant that we had to wait an extra week for one of our favorite events, but that just gave HerCampus time to put together your guide to stART on the Street. Follow our advice to make the most of the festival!

(source)

Where: Park Ave between Highland Street and Pleasant Street

When: This Sunday, 9/25/16 11am-6pm

What to do: Performances start at 11:15am and run throughout the day until 6pm. Look around you for the street performers that travel up and down the stretch of the festival. Visit the various local vendors and you may even spot some fellow Clarkies manning the booths! You can find everything from handmade jewelry to stunning photography and more.

Our very own CC Kelly Rourke gets a silhouette drawing done at stART on the Street 2015!

What to eat: Fried dough, frozen bananas, freshly squeezed lemonade, and many more treats! There are also vegan and dairy free options to satisfy any pallet. Bring your appetite, there are over 28 different food vendors and food trucks that visit the festival.

What to see: Be sure to check the over 56 non-profit organizations from Worcester and beyond.

Tips:

• Walk to the festival on Park Ave, there is not much parking
  • Bring cash as many of the booths are cash only
  • Bring a water bottle to stay hydrated
  • Go with a group of friends, but don’t be afraid to meet new people
  • Bring a cross body, tote bag or reusable bag to carry your purchases (vendors don’t always give you bags)
  • Pop into the stores that line the street
  • Check the weather beforehand
  • Plan to stay for at least an hour or two to make sure you get the full experience
  • Go early on in the day so you can see everything before it starts winding down

(source)

Check out the stART on the Street website for more details. See you there! 

Ciara is a student at Clark studying Political Science as well as Cultural Studies & Communication. She spends her time running around between classes, working at both the Campus Store and Annie's Clark Brunch and trying to figure out what to do with her life after she graduates this May. When Ciara is not juggling her busy schedule, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, binge-watching Netflix (specifically The Office) and reminiscing her semester abroad in Ireland. Her favorite color is green and her guilty pleasure TV shows are The Bachelor and Dance Moms. Ciara is thrilled to be a Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Kelly Rourke! Be sure to follow her daily shenanigans via Twitter and Instagram @ckils23 HCxo