You can’t cook? Here is a side dish you can still bring to the table: Stuffing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

I don’t know about you but wow…. I LOVE stuffing! I do not have it at my family Thanksgiving but when I would attend American thanksgiving dinners it was a staple (still is). 

INGREDIENTS

• 2 pounds of baguettes (or any bread)
  • 8 tbsp. butter (more for the baking dish)
  • 1 large diced onion
  • 4 sliced stalks celery (small sizes)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup of freshly chopped parsley
  • 1 tbsp. freshly chopped sage, minced
  • 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, minced
  • 1/2 tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary
  • Salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 cups of chicken (or vegetable) broth
  • 2 large beaten eggs

DIRECTIONS

1. The day before you make the stuffing: Tear or slice bread into 1/4″ cubes and leave out overnight to dry out. ( Place bread on baking sheets and bake at 210º for 19 minutes.)
  2. When you’re going to make the stuffing:
  • ​Preheat the oven to 350º and butter a large baking dish.
  • In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
  • Add onion and celery and cook until soft and fragrant, 7 minutes.
  • Stir in garlic, parsley, sage, thyme, and rosemary and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
  • Season with salt and pepper. 
  • Place bread in a large bowl and add skillet mixture.
  • Toss to combine. 
  • In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth and beaten eggs and pour over the bread mixture.
  • Season generously with salt and pepper and toss until completely coated.
  • Transfer mixture to a prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
  • Bake until cooked through, 45 minutes, then remove foil and cook until bread is golden, 17 to 20 minutes more. 
Joy is a senior at Clark University majoring in Management on a data analytics and marketing track with a minor in Community Youth and Education Studies. She loves going on road trips and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys trying various cultural cuisines (Indian food is her favorite **Chicken saag with a side of naan please**) and has an obsession with going to Morocco.