Worcester Volunteer Opportunities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Today is national student volunteer day! I know as a college student it can be hard to fit things like volunteering into your schedule, but I think making time for things like giving back can be a welcomed, and rewarding break from homework and extracurricular activities. Here are just a few of the many places you can volunteer in and around Worcester

1. Horizons for Homelessness

Horizons for Homelessness  provides early education, opportunities for play, and comprehensive family support services for the homeless. You can volunteer to be a PAL or Playspace Activity Leader, and help entertain and spend time with the children living in the shelter. Some training, and scheduling commitment is required, so be sure to look at their site for more information.

2.  Habitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester

Habitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester was founded by people who identified the need for affordable housing opportunities in the Greater Worcester area. The organization works to build homes for those in need. There are many ways you can get involved from working at their ReStore to sort donations, or working build site to, to joining a committee, or even starting a chapter. All the info can be found on their website.

3. St. Johns Food for the Poor Program

The mission of the St. Johns program is simple, feed those in need. The program is run through St. Francis Xavier Center on Temple street in Worcester. St. Johns has a ton of ways you can volunteer. You can cook, prep, dishwash, serve, and more. Their website has more info on all their volunteer opportunities, and the ways to sign up.

4. Worcester Earn-A-Bike

Earn-A-Bike is a completely volunteer run non-profit that works to create a healthy and active community by teaching participants everything involved in the upkeep, and rehabilitation of bicycles. The volunteer opportunity allows you to learn a new skill set, help the community, and also work to earn a bike of your own. The organization holds open volunteer hours where you can learn, and participate. All info is on their website.

5.  Worcester Animal Rescue League

WARL works to care for animals and educate owners, as well as work with rescue groups and shelters to find animals the best possible homes. You can volunteer to care for animals in shelters, or help with outreach and marketing for the organization itself. Check out their website for more info!

Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!