William And Kate’s Third Baby Is Here

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

On April 23, a new addition to the royal family arrived.

Kensington Palace announced the baby’s arrival in a statement shortly after 1pm and a formal notice of the birth was placed in the forecourt of Buckingham Palace on a golden easel. The baby’s name has not yet been announced.

AOL

The third child and second son of Prince William and Kate Middleton made his first appearance alongside his parents while stepping outside the Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s Hospital, where he was born.

On Monday, a Kensington Palace spokesperson said on Twitter, “Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge will be leaving St. Mary’s Hospital this evening. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their son will travel home to Kensington Palace. Prince George and Princess Charlotte have now returned to Kensington Palace. Their Royal Highnesses would like to thank all staff at the hospital for the care and treatment they have received. They would also like to thank everyone for their warm wishes.”

PA

Regardless of how you feel about the royal family, a new baby is always a joyous occasion. Congratulations William and Kate!

Julia is a recent graduate of Clark University who loves reading, writing, and entertainment in any form. You can usually find her obsessing over a new show or movie. She shamelessly loves pop music and pop culture in general and her dog Izzie.
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.