this is us logo
this is us logo
NBC

This Is Us Season 4 Premiere Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

“This Is Us” returned with its season four premiere returned Tuesday with an episode that was a lot to process but all for the best.

To make sure you didn’t miss anything, here’s what you need to know.

The first 40 minutes were definitely confusing. Don’t worry we were all in the same boat.

The only familiar characters were Jack and Rebecca from the past, fresh from their road trip to Los Angeles. And this was the most straightforward of parts. Rebbeca invited Jack to a dinner with her parents’ and their country club, and Jack did not disappoint.

Everything else though was confusing and defintiely not what we expected from the hit series. We were introduced to three new characters: a blnd aspiring singer; a mother returning from war with PTSD; and a teen boy with a child.

Nothing connects. Well, until the end.

But that’s up to you to watch and see.

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.