This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

So, it is no secret that Thanksgiving this year might be a little different from usual.

Due to the growing amount of COVID cases around the country and around the world, it has been challenging to see family and friends, especially during holidays and birthdays. However, this does not mean that this Thanksgiving has to be less memorable and wholesome.

Here are other ways to safely connect with friends and family:

Do a video call.

Doing a video call with friends and family might be the safest and easiest way to connect with everyone. Not only is everyone staying safe, but you also get to catch up with people and still see each other’s faces.

Drop food off for family and friends.

Just because you may not get to spend time with all your friends and family does not mean that you can’t quickly drop off some food for them. You can do so by safely packaging food in containers and doing quick contactless delivery.

Have a small gathering with a select group of people.

While each state and country has different regulations and rules in response to the growing cases, it might still be possible to have a small gathering on Thanksgiving. However, before doing so, I highly advise reviewing and following your local protocols. It would also be better to keep the group to a minimum with people you have already been spending time with.

Note: Remember that if you are one of those lucky people who get to spend time with your family, please remember to be still safe and cherish the moment. Please also keep track of your symptoms or try to get tested beforehand, to limit the possibility of spreading it to others.

Be vocal about the people and things you are thankful for.

This is arguably one of the most challenging years ever, whether it’s financially, emotionally, mentally, or physically. Thanksgiving is a perfect time to remind loved ones just how important and grateful you are to have them.

Michelle is currently majoring in Management with a concentration in Marketing. She loves to travel and hopes to one day take a dip into marketing world.
Joy is a senior at Clark University majoring in Management on a data analytics and marketing track with a minor in Community Youth and Education Studies. She loves going on road trips and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys trying various cultural cuisines (Indian food is her favorite **Chicken saag with a side of naan please**) and has an obsession with going to Morocco.