This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

The Philadelphia Eagles play the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII this Sunday, February 4 in Minnesota. A rematch of 2004’s Super Bowl XXXIX, the Patriots and Eagles have it out for each other, but, interestingly enough, both teams have ties to Clark.

Eagles Head Coach, Jeff Lurie, graduated with a B.A. in psychology from Clark in 1973.

Forbes Magazine

Born in Boston, Lurie was in the film industry before entering the NFL sports realm. Lurie credits Clark with liberating “what was inside” of him and allowing him “to flourish.”

Lurie, actually, put in a bid to buy the Patriots before he went after the Eagles. He lost to Bob Kraft.

Nancy Lane

Kraft, too, has ties to Clark. His late wife, Myra, served on Clark’s Board of Trustees. Her father, Jacob Hiatt, also “made gifts that established both the Jacob Hiatt Center for Urban Education and Frances L. Hiatt School of Psychology at Clark,” the university said.

While everyone may have their favorite for the big game, all Clarkies will now be a winner either way.

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.