Spotlight on HC Clark’s Co-CCs Kelly Rourke and Ciara Kilian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.
In honor of the Her Campus Clark’s re-launch, we’ve chosen our Co-Campus Correspondents, Kelly Rourke and Ciara Kilian, as this week’s Campus Celebrities. Kelly is a junior from Grafton, Mass., majoring in Cultural Studies and Communication and double minoring in Management and Theater Arts. Ciara is a junior from Stamford, Conn., double majoring in Political Science and Cultural Studies and Communication. 

HC: What inspired you to start a Her Campus chapter at Clark University?
KR: “I had always loved Her Campus and wished that Clark had a chapter. The night I discovered Ciara felt the same way will be a night we will always remember! The initial excitement of starting a Her Campus Clark chapter from that night still hasn’t worn off. We are so excited to bring the No. 1 global community for college women to Clark University!”

HC: What advice would you give a Clark collegiette new to campus?
KR: “Especially as a freshman, don’t be afraid to put yourself out there when making friends. Remember, everyone else is in the same boat as you are and will be thrilled to see a welcoming smile as you pass by on campus.” 
CK: “Clark has an eclectic culture unlike any other college. Make sure you appreciate the glimpse across the globe you will get, while never setting foot off campus.” 

HC: What words do you live by as you start the new semester?
KR: “It’s Happening!”
CK: “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t want to work hard.”

HC: What are your plans and aspirations for the future?
KR: “I currently work in marketing and PR at The Hanover Theatre here in Worcester. I love what I do because it allows me to explore my passion for theater and the arts in a different way. I hope to continue in this field. In a few years you’ll find me in Boston helping make theater and the arts accessible to the everyday New Englander.”
CK: “My dream job is to be the press secretary for the UN Human Rights Council. Until I make that dream a reality, I would love to live abroad and work in a field where I can combine my passions – human rights advocacy and journalism.” 

HC: What has your favorite experience as a Clark collegiette been thus far?
KR & CK: “Last year, we lived in a suite with a group of our friends and when November came, we had a Thanksgiving dinner. Kelly made an apple slab pie and Ciara was on dish duty (She couldn’t be trusted with any cooking!). All memories are good memories when they’re made with friends!” 

HC: What’s one thing you never leave your room without in the morning?
KR: “I never leave the house without a tumbler; I always love to have water on hand to stay hydrated throughout the day. During the winter, I (secretly!) have a fear that I’ll slip on ice and impale myself with the straw – but that hasn’t stopped me yet!”
CK: “Since becoming a Co-Campus Correspondent, I never leave the house without a notebook. I am a huge list maker, and you never know when inspiration will strike!”

HC: What’s in store for Her Campus collegiettes and Her Campus in this upcoming year?
KR: “We have a lot up our sleeves! From weekly Campus Cuties to bringing new opportunities to Clark collegiettes passionate about journalism, PR, social media and more. It’s going to be an exciting year!”
CK: “We are so appreciative of all the support we’ve received from the Clark community and our fellow collegiettes. Our first issue wouldn’t have been possible without you!”
Haley is a student at Clark University studying Management with plans to pursue an MBA. On campus you can find Haley working as an assistant in the President's Office, or dancing (like nobody's watching!) with Clark University Dance Society. Beyond campus she loves her cat, her cousins, and chocolate. Her favorite color is pink, and she could watch The Mindy Project for days. Haley is looking forward to being a part of the Her Campus Clark team!