Shrimp Whole
Shrimp Whole
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Shrimp Scampi Recipe

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

I am becoming a chef in this pandemic, an excellent one in-fact. I am biased since I am the only one who has tried any of my food. I recently tried and made shrimp scampi for the first time and…I am obsessed! Wow, who knew of such deliciousness and did not tell me? I do wish I added some lemon to this recipe but nonetheless, here it is:

Ingredients

• 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 large garlic cloves, minced (or 1 3/4 tablespoons minced garlic)
  • 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp prawns, no shell with tails off
  • Salt and fresh ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup broth ( you can use wine as a substitute)
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional, not really)

Instructions:

• Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan or skillet. Add garlic and sauté until aromatic (1 minute). Then add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 1-2 minutes on one side (until they turn pink), then flip.
  • Pour in broth (or wine), add red pepper flakes (if using). Bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes or until broth reduces by about half and the shrimp is cooked through (try not to overcook your shrimp).
  • Stir in the remaining butter, (lemon juice), and parsley. Take off the heat now.
  • Serve over pasta or whatever you prefer.

This recipe is so easy and fast. Anyone can do it…unless you’re allergic to shrimp, then maybe don’t do it. Bon appétit!