Senior Series: Jessy Kruskal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

We caught up with senior Jessy Kruskal this week to learn about what she’ll miss most about Clark and her plans post-grad. Read on to hear her great advice for underclassmen. 

Name: Jessy Kruskal

Hometown: Newton, MA

Major: Cultural Studies and Communications

Minor: Sociology

Favorite Professor at Clark: Cynthia Conti, Rachael Shae and Ron Schachter

Favorite Class at Clark: Urban Community Journalism and Sustainability and the Sacred!

Favorite Spot to Study on Campus and Why: I usually study in my room or in the living room of my apartment. On campus, however, I would say on the fifth floor of the library in between the bookshelves. It’s always quiet and you’re surrounded by SO MUCH LEARNING AND ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!

Favorite Bistro Snack: Quesadillas! They will forever hold a very special place in my heart.

What has been your favorite thing about going to school at Clark? Looking back, I think Clark has shaped me as a person significantly. The people I’ve met, the professors I’ve had, the classes I’ve taken… I don’t think I can pinpoint one thing in particular, but I can say that Clark has definitely been the perfect place for me to learn so much about myself and more about the world around me. And I’ve loved the small campus environment and all the squirrels!

What will you miss most about Clark? I’ll miss the Clark environment. It’s really been a beautiful thing to spend these past few years on a college campus with SUCH driven, down to earth, beautiful people.  I’ll also miss having the chance to take any class in any subject because that’s a pretty cool thing, I must say. I’ll miss being within walking distance of a dance studio and some pretty great people.

What clubs and activities were you involved with on campus? I’ve been on Dance Society since my freshman year, which has been the greatest gift. I’ve spent four years growing and creating with some of the most inspiring human beings I have ever known. I’ve also been involved in Youth Outreach Worcester and Best Buddies!

What are your best words of wisdom for underclassmen? Breathe. These four years will fly by before you know it. There will be good days and days where you feel confused all the time. But life somehow has a way of sorting itself out. Breathe and try to enjoy the ride.

What are your plans post-graduation? To be determined. To breathe. Hoping to take some time and either teach dance classes or work with early childhood education! We’ll see what the future holds!

Thanks, Jessy!

Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!