Senior Series: Donovan Smith!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This week we sat down with another fabulous Clark senior, Donovan Smith!

Name: Donovan Smith

Hometown: Amherst, MA

Major: Political Science

Favorite Professor at Clark: Professor Kristen Williams, PSCI. Also my advisor.

Favorite Class at Clark: Tough one. Current Favorite class is Forensic Science because I learned a potato rubbed on the wall looks like blood for some tests. In the past Mass Murder and Genocide and US national security were both really interesting.

Favorite Spot to Study on Campus and Why: My favorite spot to study is the AC cause I get to never do work and just talk to people. So I suppose that doesn’t count. 4th floor tables by the Kneller is where I’m actually productive.

Favorite Bistro Snack: Sushi. Hundo p. unless it’s after midnight in which case it’s a pizzarita or four.

What has been your favorite thing about going to school at Clark?:

All the friends I’ve made here. That’s basically the only reason I kept coming back for four years. That and me trying to avoid babysitting my littler sister.

What will you miss most about Clark?:

The people. Not like I’m actually gonna remember what happened in all my classes. But I will always remember the friends I made.

What clubs and activities were you involved with on campus?

Swimming, Senior Leadership Committee, research on presidential debates, eating, sleeping. Formerly: SAB, Peer Advisor

What are your best words of wisdom for underclassmen?

If at first you don’t succeed, give up immediately and never try again. Or, “There are good ships and wood ships, ships that sail the sea. But the best ships are friendships, may they always be!”

What are your plans post-graduation? 

Fifth year here for the MPA. After that, become a billionaire. Not sure how yet. But its gonna happen. Side note, if anyone has spare billion sitting around, feel free to venmo me @DonovanQSmith.

Thanks Donovan!

Ciara is a student at Clark studying Political Science as well as Cultural Studies & Communication. She spends her time running around between classes, working at both the Campus Store and Annie's Clark Brunch and trying to figure out what to do with her life after she graduates this May. When Ciara is not juggling her busy schedule, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, binge-watching Netflix (specifically The Office) and reminiscing her semester abroad in Ireland. Her favorite color is green and her guilty pleasure TV shows are The Bachelor and Dance Moms. Ciara is thrilled to be a Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Kelly Rourke! Be sure to follow her daily shenanigans via Twitter and Instagram @ckils23 HCxo