A Selena Gomez Playlist to Celebrate Her New Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Selena Gomez recently released new songs — a gift after a two year hiatus from putting out new music. To celebrate, here’s a playlist to listen to her best songs.

A Year Without Rain

Let’s throw it back a little bit first. This song is from when Selena Gomez was “Selena and the Scene.” Don’t pretend you don’t remember all the words to this cla

Who Says?

Now it’s time for some empowerment, as is the theme of Selena’s new songs. This song is a perfect excuse to have a mini-dance party in your room.

The Heart Wants What It Wants

“The Heart Wants What it Wants” was thought by fans to be about Selena’s former flame, Justin Bieber. Listen to this song before the next to exemplify Selena’s possible change of mind about her famous ex.

Lose You To Love Me

Of course, you have to listen to this new Selena song. Get your group of girlfriends around to listen to this one. And then burn your toxic exes’ stuff. Seriously.

I’ll Kill You

While this song is not directly related to Selena Gomez at all, Hailey Bieber posted this song just minutes after Gomez dropped “Lose You to Love Me” which fans speculate is about Justin Bieber. Hailey has come out and said it had nothing to do with Selena or her song, but you never know…it’d be some good tea.

Trust Nobody

Hope you’re good at keeping secrets because this song Selena is on is a hidden gem. If you’re more into rap, you will be adding this song to your Spotify playlist immediately.

Same Old Love Remix

Give the remix of this Selena hit song a listen. I mean, we’re all really sick of that same old love at this point, right?

Look At Her Now

Selena surprise-dropped this single this week. More upbeat than “Lose You to Love Me”, you’ll have this girl power anthem on repeat. Also, watch Selena dance in some major sparkly outfits in the music video for this song.

Anxiety

Another more vulnerable song Selena is on is Julia Michaels’ “Anxiety.” This song gets real about mental health issues for which Gomez has spoken out about her own struggles with many times over the years.

Hands to Myself

Probably one of Selena Gomez’s best songs, this energetic song will wrap up the emotional rollercoaster we’ve been on with this playlist

Happy listening, Selenators!

Clark U class of '22
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.