This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

As the end of the semester draws near, and the stress of finals is hitting us, another stress lingers over all of us… the dreaded Secret Santa gift swap.  Secret Santa can be really fun, especially when you get your best friend, however, occasionally, it becomes harder than your Chemistry final.  If you’re struggling to find a Secret Santa gift that’s perfect, but under budget, look no further.  We’ve got you covered!

Mug and Candy

This is a classic gift that will keep you under budget!  Buy a cute mug anywhere from Target to Starbucks and fill it with some sweets.  It’s cute, tasty, and easy.

Gift Card 

Gift cards often get a bad reputations, but they’re great gifts.  Check out Acoustic Java or other local shops and restaurants so when your gift-receiver returns to campus, they can get themselves a welcome back latte!

Socks

Cute socks are so fun and very in right now!  Whether you buy a pair of cozy fuzzy socks or fun, patterned boot socks, you cannot go wrong with this gift.

Computer Stickers

As you’ve probably noticed, all of our laptops are plastered in stickers.  There are so many computer sites now where you can buy, or even make, computer stickers.  This is a fun gift, especially for the girl that likes to get creative.

DIY Advent Calendar

This can get pricey, but a DIY Advent Calendar is a great gift, especially for a close friend.  Reward her with tiny gifts and surprises daily!

Cookies

Baking sweet treats to give to your assigned person is a great idea!  Whether you make homemade cookies or bake some Pillsbury sugar cookies, it’s the gift everyone can enjoy!

Make your own jar

DIY jar gifts have become very popular, you can even buy them now!  Whether it’s a DIY sugar scrub or your favorite cookie mix, this is a fun gift for anyone to receive.

Hand lotion

The winter can be so drying on our hands.  Stop by Bath and Body Works and pick up a cute hand lotion or body butter in a fun holiday scent.

Nail polish

Nail polish is a little luxury that’s so nice to get especially right before holiday and new year’s parties!

Candles

Candles are a cheap and great gift!  Target has an amazing selection of seasonal candles at great prices.

Lipstick

This is another great gift for any beauty lover to receive as we enter festive, party season!

Polaroid camera film

This gift only works for someone that you know has a Polaroid camera of course!  If they do, they’ll love the extra film.  

Scarves

Worcester winters are cold!  This is a perfect, and practical gift, to keep any friend warm through the winter!

Happy shopping, collegiettes!

Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!
Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!
Julia is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Clark University. She is currently a sophomore who is pursuing a bachelor's degree in International Development, along with a minor in Education and a concentration in Africana Studies. Julia aspires to travel the world and all it encapsulates. When she is not writing for Her Campus, Julia can be found in nature, listening to music, indulged in a good book at a local cafe or drowning in her coursework at the library.  
Sophomore at Clark University, majoring in Psychology.
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.