Culture > News

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Hospitalized For Fractured Ribs But Jimmy Kimmel Has a Solution

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized Wednesday evening after falling in her office at the Court.

Ginsburg, 85, was treated at George Washington University Hospital for three fractured lungs. She was admitted Thursday morning for observation and treatment.

This is not the first time Ginsburg has suffered from a rib injury. In 2012, Ginsburg broke two ribs.

But Jimmy Kimmel has a solution.

Kimmel went on TV Thursday saying that we must protect Ginsburg “at any cost.”

“We need her to keep going for like another, maybe, 80 years,” Kimmel said.

His solution?

The “Ruth Bader Gins-bubble.”

“We’ve been developing this over the last year,” Kimmel said. “We’re sending this to Washington to protect Justice Ginsburg from injuries, from criminals, from bears — this thing is actually grizzly bear-proof.”

Ginsburg is one of the four liberal-leaning judges. She was nominated to the Court by President Bill Clinton, becoming the second woman to serve on the highest court.

Ginsburg is known for her toughness and personal rigor.

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.