This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Now that social distancing and self-isolation have become increasingly mandatory, people seem to have more time in their hands as they are forced to stay home. As a result, people are more active on social media. (Yes. I’m guilty of it too.) And apparently, celebrities are no different.

Earlier this week Gal Gadot virtually gathered some of her celebrity friends to create a mash-up cover of John Lennon’s Imagine. The video includes celebrities such as Ashley Benson, Zoë Kravitz, Kaia Gerber, Amy Adams, Kristen Wiig, Jamie Dornan, Mark Ruffalo, James Marsden, Will Ferrell, and Sia (etc.)

Gadot explains that this idea was thought of when she saw a video of an Italian guy playing the trumpet on his balcony to the tune of “Imagine” From this video, Gadot felt something “powerful and pure” about the video and thus inspired her to make her own.

Although this video project was meant to be motivational of some sort, the internet responded a lot differently than anticipated. Many criticized those in the video for appearing to choose singing over donating money to those in need. Meanwhile, others are just getting secondhand embarrassment from the video and felt it was all unnecessary.

If you haven’t watched the video, then consider this your warning.

Michelle is currently majoring in Management with a concentration in Marketing. She loves to travel and hopes to one day take a dip into marketing world.
Joy is a senior at Clark University majoring in Management on a data analytics and marketing track with a minor in Community Youth and Education Studies. She loves going on road trips and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys trying various cultural cuisines (Indian food is her favorite **Chicken saag with a side of naan please**) and has an obsession with going to Morocco.