This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are moving away from Prince William and Kate Middleton 

In a statement released to People magazine, their office says, “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will move to Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor Estate early next year as they prepare for the arrival of their first child. The couple have lived at Nottingham Cottage since their engagement last year.” 

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting their first child in the spring. Frogmore cottage is close to the house where their evening wedding party was held, and engagement photos were taken.   

“Windsor is a very special place for Their Royal Highnesses and they are grateful that their official residence will be on the estate,” the statement continues. “The Duke and Duchess’s official office will continue to be based at Kensington Palace.” 

Charlotte’s staff. 

Frogmore has an interesting history, as it is the burial site for Wallis Simpson, the first American to marry into the royal family. The cottage will need to have some renovations done before the couple arrives, as it is currently divided into five units as home to the palace staff. 

Julia is a recent graduate of Clark University who loves reading, writing, and entertainment in any form. You can usually find her obsessing over a new show or movie. She shamelessly loves pop music and pop culture in general and her dog Izzie.
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.