Post-Superbowl, I am Thinking about One Thing: Snacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

The average American consumes about 2,400-2,500 calories during a Super Bowl party. Not all of those calories are created equal. Some are found in incredibly mediocre snacks. Here are the hottest takes to consider before eating some lukewarm leftovers.  

1) Nachos- fake cheese is a horrifying tragedy and winter is the worst season to try to make decent nachos. Homemade guac and salsa are treasures that cannot be replicated in February. (7/10)

2) Buffalo Chicken Dip- this may be my most controversial take, Buffalo anything is gross. It tastes like chemicals and acid (I am aware that acids are chemicals but my point stands). I don’t need gross looking chicken drowning in goop presented to me. (3/10)

3) Chicken Wings- I’m a big fan of garlic parmesan myself. Most flavors are acceptable, but buffalo seems to be the most common and I have already established how I feel about that. Also, blue cheese is gross. (7.5/20)

4) Chili- A good chili is the perfect food for any occasion and you can add toppings and chips to make it a special occasion. (10/10)

5) Pizza- impossible to generalize because people out there are always trying to destroy pizza. My opinion? Thin crust, classic ingredients.

My most important (probably lukewarm take), eat what makes you happy and what makes you feel good. Don’t beat yourself up for eating too much on a special occasion. 

She is a Junior and majoring in International Development and Social Change. PC: Rose Wine Photography