This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

The time has come and Tayshia is officially our new bachelorette starting this week.

If you missed last Thursday’s episode of The Bachelorette, here is a little breakdown of what happened (*WARNING: spoilers ahead):

● The guys are upset that Clare only seems interested in Dale and is not giving the others a fair chance.

● Chris Harrison intervenes by going to Clare to talk about the situation, leading to Clare and Dale’s one-on-one. During the one-on-one, they try to clarify their relationship and figure out where they are emotionally in terms of their feelings for each other.

● After figuring that out, the episode escalates and now Dale has to decide if he’s ready to propose.

● While everything with Clare and Dale is going on, the rest are still unsure about what is going on. But they have to decide whether they want to end their journey individually or continue for what is to come.

Since Clare is deciding to explore her relationship with Dale more exclusively, that means that either the season ends early or there needs to be a new bachelorette.

Obviously, with The Bachelorette being a reality show, a new bachelorette is what we will get. And this is where Tayshia comes in. Although it’s no surprise that Tayshia is our new bachelorette (because there have been countless rumors since even before the premiere), I think we can all agree that we’re excited to watch her journey. However, the questions now are: Will the Guys be open to Tayshia and forget about Clare? And will there be more guys added in to join the group? Personally, I think that there should be more guys added in to give Tayshia a fair shot without the possibility of feeling like a second choice. But I guess we will have to tune in Tuesday to find out.

Michelle is currently majoring in Management with a concentration in Marketing. She loves to travel and hopes to one day take a dip into marketing world.
Joy is a senior at Clark University majoring in Management on a data analytics and marketing track with a minor in Community Youth and Education Studies. She loves going on road trips and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys trying various cultural cuisines (Indian food is her favorite **Chicken saag with a side of naan please**) and has an obsession with going to Morocco.