Mick Jenkins Comes to Clark

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Friday, October 20th, Mick Jenkins is coming to Clark!  The Major Events Committee and PEC came together to bring this FREE performance to Atwood, just for students. Jenkins is a hip hop recording artist who’s debut album was released in September of 2016.  He’s been releasing mix tapes since 2012 on SoundCloud, but he’s just recently become more wellknown, with much of his music on Apple Music. 

If you’ve never heard of him, don’t let that stop you from going to the show. His music is actually really good.  I’m not a huge fan of rap music, but I gave his music a listen in preparation for Friday. His beats are all really interesting and each song I have heard has a unique element.  A lot his songs are a lot slower than many of the rap hits we hear topping the charts. Some of his songs kind of remind me of Chance the Rapper. My favorite song would have to be “Jazz” from Jenkin’s album”The Water(S)”.  I must say, I like Mick Jenkins more than many of the mainstream rappers I have heard. 

Check him out on SoundCloud or Apple Music, or take my word for it, he’s pretty good!  You will need a valid student ID and a ticket to attend the show. If you haven’t gotten a ticket yet, stop by the SLP office on the 3rd floor of the UC, or keep any eye out for tables giving out tickets in the UC. They are free to undergraduate students! 

Can’t wait to see you there, Clark collegiettes! 

Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!