This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Surprise! 

Newlyweds Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have announced via the Kensington Palace twitter account that they are expecting a baby in the Spring of 2019. The gender of the baby is not yet known, and will be the seventh in line for the throne. 

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting a baby in the Spring of 2019. pic.twitter.com/Ut9C0RagLk

— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) October 15, 2018

Harry and Meghan were married on May 19 at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle. Thousands of onlookers took to the streets and online to celebrate the happy couple, who exchanged vows in front of 600 invitees.  

The recent news comes after it was revealed that Meghan gave her first major ‘sit-down’ interview since joining the royal family. 

Their Royal Highnesses have traveled to Australia in the past week to a welcoming reception.  

Congratulations, Meghan and Harry! 

Julia is a recent graduate of Clark University who loves reading, writing, and entertainment in any form. You can usually find her obsessing over a new show or movie. She shamelessly loves pop music and pop culture in general and her dog Izzie.
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.