Meet the Team: Valerie Diaz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This week we sat down with the newest member of the Her Campus team, Valerie Diaz, to get her take on fall semester and being a part of Her Campus. Read on to find out more about her!

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

My name is Valerie Diaz and I recently transfer to Clark University from St. Petersburg College in Florida. I am a third-year student who is majoring in Economics and Business Management.  I love to read books about personal development, play with my curly hair and eat gummy worms.

What’s your role on the Her Campus Clark team?

Growing up in a bilingual household has taught me the importance of communication and being able to connect with people from different backgrounds. Because of this, I hope to provide to the magazine a new perspective and contribute to the best of my abilities to connect with Clark community.

What’s your favorite thing about Fall?

My favorite thing about fall has to be the CLOTHES! In the fall, I get the opportunity to play around with my outfits while at the same time look cozy and comfortable.

What are you most looking forward to this Fall semester?

As a transfer student, it tends to be more difficult since often times you feel out of place or disconnected to the community. This semester I look forward to getting to know the community and exploring my interests. I hope to succeed academically and grow as a member of the Clark atmosphere.

What’s your favorite thing about Clark right now?

So far, I am loving it!! I would say that what I appreciate the most is the quality of education I am receiving. For the most part, my professors seem passionate about the subjects they are teaching and are willing to help me to succeed in the classroom and beyond.

Quick, This or That!

Vanilla or chocolate? Vanilla Please

Summer or winter? SUMMER always over everything

Cats or dogs? Dogs

Iced or hot coffee? Hot Coffee

Friends or The Office? The Office

Thanks and welcome to Clark, Valerie!

Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!