This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This week we sat down with one of our Contributing Writers, Savannah Sanford! Get to know more about Sav below.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I am a senior originally from Marin County California, the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge! I am an Environmental Science major with Geography minor, so I love hiking and the outdoors in general. This summer I did research as a part of the HERO fellowship here at Clark researching the Asian Longhorn Beetle and tree survivorship rates in Worcester. I will be staying here an extra year to do the fifth year master’s program in Environmental Science and Policy. Outside of academics, I am a tour guide for admissions, an announcer for the varsity basketball games and I work at the ITS Help Desk in the Academic Commons. I am also a part of the varsity volleyball team for Clark.

What’s your role on the Her Campus Clark team?

I help out the team by writing weekly articles! I like to write about topics I am more knowledgeable about through my experiences on campus or just life in general. I love being a part of this team and working together to grow our chapter!

What’s your favorite thing about winter?

Well this one is a bit two-sided for me. Winter used to be my favorite season, until I moved to Massachusetts. In Marin, winter lasts about 2 months, and consists of just a lot of rain. You go up to Tahoe for a week of fun on the slopes, but other than that week we have low temperatures of 45 and high temperatures of 65. So when I moved to Massachusetts, winter lasted October to April, and involved no rain. Now my favorite season is summer. So while I am not the biggest fan of long winters, my favorite part is the sound of snow. Even though snow doesn’t actually make sound, it does absorb sound very well. Plus there are less people outside, so the sound and sight of snow is really peaceful.

How do you stay calm through finals season?

I think always having an end goal to work towards is a positive thought to keep in mind. For me, it is always just the thought of going home and seeing family and the sun and not having work to do. I also make sure to have lots of healthy comfort food and study with friends, so even when I have to study a lot, my friends are there with me!

What are you most looking forward to over Winter Break?

Hiking! Marin has endless hiking trails, and it’s really the main tourist attraction at home. You get exercise, can catch up with friends, get some sun, and see beautiful scenery. A hike or a run in the woods is a great, refreshing way to start your day and I can’t wait to have that accessible every day right outside my door. I also coach a lot of volleyball at home (indoor in the winter and beach in the summer), and so I am looking forward to coaching again and working with young players.

Vanilla or chocolate? Chocolate. Dark Chocolate.

Summer or winter? Summer.

Cats or dogs? Super allergic to cats.

Iced or hot coffee? Iced, even in winter!

Parks and Recreation or The Office? Unfortunately, not really a fan of either.

Thanks, Sav!

Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!