This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Name: Claire Hackett Hagerty

Year: Sophomore

Long Answer

Tell us a little bit about yourself:

I don’t know exactly how to respond to that, and it is for that reason that I am in a liberal arts college.

Why’d you join Her Campus?:

I am intrigued by the idea of becoming a journalist one day—I have always wanted to be able to live and/or move out of the country, and that seems like a good way to enable that I do not go broke at the same time (and also that I am a legal resident of wherever is unfortunate enough to have me, but hey, you never know).

What’s your favorite thing about Clark right now?:

My favorite thing is the wide range of activities available. This initially surprised me, given its small size. But I have come to like it for that (I am proud of this answer, because it is actually entirely not sarcastic—until now).

Quick, This or That!

Vanilla or chocolate?

Vanilla—but only if it is the good kind, which is rare.

Morning or night person?

Morning and Night. Sometimes I can’t tell the difference.

Cat or dog?

Dog.

Comedy or horror movie?

The best involve elements of both genres.

Pancakes or Waffles?

Waffles—but only the awesome home-made kind, none of that freezer crap.

Rain or snow?

Everything in moderation—but I am in love with snow.

Superman or Batman?

Batman. Superman is too good to be true. That makes me suspicious. At least Batman is honest about the fact that he’s no saint, so you can see the trouble coming before it hits you.

Singing or dancing?

Singing when I am alone. Dancing when I am in a crowd.

TV or movie?

Both are good at different times, and with different people.

Hello! I am currently an undergraduate student at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts. I enjoy a wide variety of random stuff and am generally acknowledged to be pretty odd, but I won't bore you with the details (don't worry, you are safe). I will, however, tell you that I have a deep-seated love for writing, which is why I decided to take a shot at HerCampus. The verdict is still out on whether or not that was a good idea, but we can make the journey towards that discovery together, as I write and you read-- and hopefully, one day, you write things of your own for me and the world to read as well.
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.