brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Our Team: Annabelle Merlin!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This week to kick off our “Meet the Team” series we sat down with our Social Media Director, Annabelle Merlin!

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I’m from California but I am probably the least Californian person you will meet. I love everything about fashion and models and hope to work in that industry one day. I have a strong work ethic which I think translates itself through my personality, because I’m pretty reserved, but if you know me then you know how loud and opinionated I can be. Reading magazines and taking baths are my favorite pastime. My favorite thing about me is that I’m half French and fully fluent, which I take a lot of pride in because it differentiates me from the mass.

What’s your role on the Her Campus Clark team?

Up until last year I was just a writer, but was recently given the title of Social Media Director. It’s been really fun so far because social media plays such a huge part in our day to day lives and can really influence people’s opinions of us. I’m excited to see how much it affects Her Campus’s popularity at Clark, and hope that it will drive people to consistently read our articles and share them with friends.

What’s your favorite thing about fall?

Everything. I lived in Boston for 7 years and then moved to San Francisco, so I never got to experience a real Fall that I can remember. California is known for not having seasons, so it’s really cool to actually see the seasons change through the leaves and trees, and Fall is the best season for fashion too because you can layer.

How do you stay calm through midterms/finals season?

I struggle with this a lot because I have mild anxiety and am in a constant state of stress whether or not its finals week. Sleep is probably the only thing that keeps me sane when I have lots of tests because without it I go crazy, and I always leave time in my day for a workout to help me decompress. Using a planner and scheduling out when I plan on studying helps a lot too. My mom sends me “stress ease” tea during finals and I go through like a box of that a week. In terms of staying focused I live for the “do not disturb” setting on iPhones and I’m never not listening to classical or instrumental music when I study.

Vanilla or chocolate? Chocolate, but I will always pick vanilla cupcakes over chocolate

Summer or winter? Summer

Cats or dogs? Dogs

Iced or hot coffee? Iced, and it has to be decaf

Parks and Recreation or The Office? The Office

Thanks, Annabelle!

Ciara is a student at Clark studying Political Science as well as Cultural Studies & Communication. She spends her time running around between classes, working at both the Campus Store and Annie's Clark Brunch and trying to figure out what to do with her life after she graduates this May. When Ciara is not juggling her busy schedule, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, binge-watching Netflix (specifically The Office) and reminiscing her semester abroad in Ireland. Her favorite color is green and her guilty pleasure TV shows are The Bachelor and Dance Moms. Ciara is thrilled to be a Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Kelly Rourke! Be sure to follow her daily shenanigans via Twitter and Instagram @ckils23 HCxo