Lights, Camera, Paradise!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This year’s Latin American Student Organization at Clark put on their biggest event of the year; Noche Latina “Lost in Paradise”. Noche Latina is a cultural night showcasing the culture of Latin America and this year it took a unique environmental approach.

With a focus on the natural wonders, from the Patagonia to the Andean Condor, each table was handcrafted and laid out with information and resources to give guests an appreciation of Latin America and emphasize environmental conservation of these habitats and organisms. Guests were even invited to donate to countries like Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic to help during this time of natural devastation.

Spectacular performances from Salsa Encienda, bachata, singers, poets, and their very own club group number really wowed the crowd. With each performance giving a taste of what it is like to be part of the Latino community; it is passion, it is love. With Salsa lessons starting at 10pm for the public to join in and a never ending party everyone was together under the moon for a latin night, a Noche Latina to never forget.

Accompanied by performances was food by Taco’s Mexico and let me tell you- the food was amazing! Especially the churros and chips!

Being a first year, on the higher e-board, and attending Noche Latina for the first time, it was truly worth something to be proud of. The amount of hours behind the scenes in the craft studio making every decoration, conducting detailed research on each country, and promoting, all was worth it when we sold out the event on the third day!

Missed Noche Latina or want to continue to be part of the community? All are welcome and encouraged to follow Clark U ALSO on Facebook and “Clarku.laso” on instagram to keep up with upcoming and future events!

Hello! My name is Heidy Coronel, a current first year at Clark University. When I'm not spending time with friends in the Bistro or doing homework, you can film me editing videos or watching The Goldberg's on Hulu. I'm spontaneous, curious, and passionate about everything I do. Take a read at my pieces and tell me what you think!
Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!