This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

It’s almost that time of the year again. Valentine’s Day is coming up and it is on a Friday this year! If you’re like me and want your Valentine’s day to be more relaxed and stress-free this year, here are some ideas on how to do that while still making it enjoyable:

Take a nap.

I think we can all agree that after a week full of non-stop meetings, homework, classes and projects, we could all use some time to catch up on sleep. Well on Valentine’s day, you and your partner could do just that. Taking naps will allow both of you two to relax while still being able to spend time together.

Have a movie night.

Do you have a list of movies and shows to binge-watch? Well, watch them on Valentine’s Day! There’s nothing better than watching movies and just hanging out. It’s a great way to still be entertained and happy, without having to plan anything extravagant or over the top.

Have a conversation.

Having a conversation with the person you are with is probably the most simple, yet meaningful thing to do. It shows the other person that you care and want to know how their day went. Plus, it is a great way to catch up with each other if you don’t necessarily see each other every day.

Valentine’s Day is commonly portrayed as a day for couples to go all out and do something big and extravagant. However, making it a day for relaxation and just enjoying each other’s company can be equally fun too! Do you want to know what the best thing is about all these ideas? You don’t have to pick just one! You can do all of them!

Michelle is currently majoring in Management with a concentration in Marketing. She loves to travel and hopes to one day take a dip into marketing world.