It’s ok not to go out on the weekend (here’s what to do instead… )

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

I know, I know! “Everyone is going out.” But they arent you or maybe you used to go out every weekend but are getting sick of it. I have some options you can choose from to have just as much fun ( or even more fun).

1.     Have a pampering day.

~Get out those cucumbers, lavendar oil, face masks, etc. Play some soothing music while you get all pampered up from head to toe. For who? FOR YOU!!

2.     Make a Gordon Ramsey Approved meal. ~If you don’t know who Gordon Ramsey is…maybe that’s a good thing lol. But for those who do you know how savage he can be when critiquing meals. So make a meal that would make him proud. Pintrest has a bunch of must try recipes.

3.     Excercise ~ If you have a gym membership, pull out your card and go. If not search up a youtube video with a quick at home workout. It’s more fun with friends so gather your best gal pals and finish the workout together.

4.     Netflix and literally Chill ~Nothing like a good show or movie so here are my reccomendations: YOU, Orange is the New Black, Scandal,

5.     Plan your dream wedding… ~ It’s not crazy trust me. Make that Pintrest account and start pinning. I reccommend starting with the your wedding dress or tux…whatever you want. Then going on to the venue, food, decorations….

6.     Study

~You most likely have something to study for. And before you start pampering yourself, study! You’ll feel so much better. Studying can be fun: you can play music, write on colorful post-it notes.

7.     If all else fails….Sleep ~Just do it.

Joy is a senior at Clark University majoring in Management on a data analytics and marketing track with a minor in Community Youth and Education Studies. She loves going on road trips and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys trying various cultural cuisines (Indian food is her favorite **Chicken saag with a side of naan please**) and has an obsession with going to Morocco.
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.