Style

I Let My Future Suite Mates Dress Me For A Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

I let my future suite mates dress me for a week. I know what you’re thinking. They all have different tastes. This could go horribly. What was I thinking?

Surprisingly, though, each outfit worked. Each one was a perfect fit for me, and you could even kind of tell which of my friends picked out the outfit.

We, of course, had to have some rules:

1. I was not to do wash throughout the week.

2. Cardigans can be repeated once.

3. One item is allowed to be from the chooser’s collection of cloths.

4. Nothing too ridiculous. (I didn’t want to go to class with green pants, a red shirt, and a blue cardigan. I wasn’t trying to go about this week as a clown.)

5. I got to tell the chooser what I was doing for the day.

6. Outfits had to be weather appropriate.

So here’s how the week played out.

Monday: Maheen

Maheen started the week off with a skirt. Now, for a little background, I haven’t worn a skirt or dress to school too often this year because I had to do that all throughout high school and have, honestly, been kind of sick of it. So, I must admit I was a bit unexcited at first with this outfit choice. That being said, Maheen really surprised me because I really liked the outfit. I felt cute the whole day and she chose my new favorite shoes.

Tuesday: Maya

Tuesday was a snow day, so Maya allowed me to wear sweat pants. I actually stayed indoors the whole day (I think it was for a total of 36 hours. I was proud of that—I didn’t have to walk through the two feet of snow!), so this outfit was a great and comfortable choice. I haven’t worn this sweater in a while, I’m glad she chose it.

Wednesday: Rachel G.

Rachel allowed me to wear snow boots with the outfit because of all the aforementioned snow. I would have probably chosen a bulky, heavy (and probably dark colored) sweater with the snow boots, but Rachel chose a happy, yellow tank top. I liked this because it reminded me of the Spring that we should be in—even though the weather isn’t saying so. It was a nice choice that lifted my spirits on a gloomy day.

Thursday: Allison

Allison kept saying how this is something she would wear, and it’s funny because I think she wore something similar the next day. This outfit is super casual but cute at the same time. I liked the choice of the necklace; I don’t think I would’ve chosen that one specifically at first, but I’m glad she did!

Friday: Rachel L.

I actually didn’t feel the best because I was getting a cold, so Rachel decided to dress me up. She said that when she feels sick, wearing something fancy always makes her feel better. And she was right! This outfit made me feel confident to tackle the day. Lot of people complimented the jumper. I was comfortable and fashionable.

It was definitely fun over all to have my future suite mates pick out my outfits. I’ve realized that since I’ve been wearing things in my closet I didn’t typically before. This was definitely a good experiment, and I absolutely have the right suite mates for next year!

Comment which day you liked best!

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.