How to Spend Spring Break in Worcester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Spending Spring Break in Worcester might not sound ideal, especially when you’re cooped up here all semester anyway. For those of you who live too far away to make the trip home, or who just don’t feel the need to get away to someplace tropical, here are some activities to keep you occupied until classes start again.

• Worcester Art Museum: New York might have MoMA, but Worcester has the WAM. Open 10-4pm Wednesday through Sunday, the WAM is the perfect place to get lost in your own college town. With a forecast of rain on Wednesday the 7th, what better way to spend a rainy day than admiring art? Check out what exhibitions are on display here!
  • Day trips to Boston: Just because you’re staying on campus doesn’t mean you should confine yourself to the city limits. There is so much to see and do in Boston, so plan out a day doing 
  • Tower Hill Botanical Gardens: Equally as beautiful in the winter as it is during the summer, Tower Hill has much more to offer than a pretty sight. Stop by for a Sunday Garden tour, or for some Yoga by Nature. Located only 8 miles away from central Worcester, you have no excuse not to check this place out! 
  • Try out new things: There are so many different restaurants and cafes in Worcester that we always here about, but have never actually gotten the chance to try. Make a Spring Break “bucket list” of all the places you want to go to and try to cross as many off your list.

Whichever activities you choose, enjoy this time off from school!

Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!