How to Get into the Halloween Spirit

October is here so that only means one thing… HALLOWEEN!  This weird weather and midterms has not exactly made it easy to get into the Halloween spirit.  Don’t worry, we are here to kick your Halloween feeling into gear.

1. Decorate

Buy a small pumpkin from Big Y or your local pumpkin patch, some spooky skeletons, and maybe even a Halloween door sign to spice up your room for Halloween.  Whether you live in a dorm or an apartment, you can add some small touches to get into the spirit.

2. Go to a Corn Maze

On Sunday, October 8th the Outing Club is hosting a trip to Davis Mega Maze.  That is a great way to feel a little spooky!

3. Halloween Beverages

Pumpkin is everywhere right now!  Drink a PLS or try a Dunkin Donuts Maple Pecan Coffee for a little something different!

4. Break Out the Scarves and Fuzzy Socks

Put on your coziest scarf and cutest Halloween socks to make it feel like Halloween is near!

5. Wear Black

This is a great time to transition your wardrobe from summer to fall.  Break out your black clothes and maybe even some orange.

6. Buy Candy

Even though you say it’s to share, we all know those gummy bears are for you… but no judgment.  Nothing says “Halloween” like indulging in some candy!

7. Light candles

Bath and Body Works and Yankee Candle have some delicious Halloween and Fall scents out right now.  Light your favorite candle (try Leaves from Bath and Body Works) and get your room smelling like Halloween.

8. Bake, Bake, Bake

Nothing says Halloween like fruit pies and little sugar cookies with pumpkins on them

9. Carve a Jack-o-lantern

Make a spooky, or not, pumpkin to put in your window or on your porch!  It’s fun and decorative.

10. Visit the Factory of Terror

If you want to be scared out of your mind, check on the Factory of Terror located right here in Worcester.  Nothing says Halloween like screaming in terror!

If you're looking for more Halloween tips, tricks, and DIYs stay tuned for Her Campus Clark's best Halloween advice!  Coming soon!

Have a spooky Halloween, collegiettes!