This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

October is here so that only means one thing… HALLOWEEN!  This weird weather and midterms has not exactly made it easy to get into the Halloween spirit.  Don’t worry, we are here to kick your Halloween feeling into gear.

1. Decorate

Buy a small pumpkin from Big Y or your local pumpkin patch, some spooky skeletons, and maybe even a Halloween door sign to spice up your room for Halloween.  Whether you live in a dorm or an apartment, you can add some small touches to get into the spirit.

2. Go to a Corn Maze

On Sunday, October 8th the Outing Club is hosting a trip to Davis Mega Maze.  That is a great way to feel a little spooky!

3. Halloween Beverages

Pumpkin is everywhere right now!  Drink a PLS or try a Dunkin Donuts Maple Pecan Coffee for a little something different!

4. Break Out the Scarves and Fuzzy Socks

Put on your coziest scarf and cutest Halloween socks to make it feel like Halloween is near!

5. Wear Black

This is a great time to transition your wardrobe from summer to fall.  Break out your black clothes and maybe even some orange.

6. Buy Candy

Even though you say it’s to share, we all know those gummy bears are for you… but no judgment.  Nothing says “Halloween” like indulging in some candy!

7. Light candles

Bath and Body Works and Yankee Candle have some delicious Halloween and Fall scents out right now.  Light your favorite candle (try Leaves from Bath and Body Works) and get your room smelling like Halloween.

8. Bake, Bake, Bake

Nothing says Halloween like fruit pies and little sugar cookies with pumpkins on them

9. Carve a Jack-o-lantern

Make a spooky, or not, pumpkin to put in your window or on your porch!  It’s fun and decorative.

10. Visit the Factory of Terror

If you want to be scared out of your mind, check on the Factory of Terror located right here in Worcester.  Nothing says Halloween like screaming in terror!

If you’re looking for more Halloween tips, tricks, and DIYs stay tuned for Her Campus Clark’s best Halloween advice!  Coming soon!

Have a spooky Halloween, collegiettes!

Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!
Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.
Zoe is a student at Clark University who enjoys reading trashy teen fiction and singing loudly to her roommate. She is a southern transplant who is still getting used to life in New England. She loves political comedy (Samantha Bee) and listening to audiobooks.
Julia is a recent graduate of Clark University who loves reading, writing, and entertainment in any form. You can usually find her obsessing over a new show or movie. She shamelessly loves pop music and pop culture in general and her dog Izzie.
Julia is a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Clark University. She is currently a sophomore who is pursuing a bachelor's degree in International Development, along with a minor in Education and a concentration in Africana Studies. Julia aspires to travel the world and all it encapsulates. When she is not writing for Her Campus, Julia can be found in nature, listening to music, indulged in a good book at a local cafe or drowning in her coursework at the library.