How to be Trendy this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Putting away your summer clothes is never easy, but fall is the best time of year for fashion because you can layer endlessly. Some of my favorite trends are especially popular this fall – here’s the low down of what’s in this season.

• Dusters: This long coat or sweater that hits just above your ankles is not only the comfiest thing you’ll ever own, but it can turn any outfit into a look.

• Leather jackets: These will never not be a thing. Leather jackets can instantly transform a basic outfit into an edgy style.
  • Silk: Slip dresses and silky tops are great transition pieces from summer to fall fashion.
  • Chunky knits: A thick, knit sweater will save you when you it’s cold out and keep you cozy and in style.
  • Bombers: These are form-fitting and flattering on pretty much every body type out there.

• Patches: Upgrade a bomber or denim jacket by ironing on some vintage patches.
  • Cropped jeans: The skinny jean is slowly evolving into the cropped jean which is great for us short girls because they have an elongating effect. Grab them from a store or DIY a pair of jeans that are too long on you.
  • Booties with a thick heal: You’ve definitely seen these on Kendall Jenner. They’re so cute and way easier to walk in than you would think.
  • Off the shoulder tops and dresses: This trend transitions out of summer and into early fall, so wear it weather appropriately!

• Velvet: From tops to chokers, velvet is one of the most popular fabrics this season.
  • Sneakers: A comfortable option that fits in well with the athleisure trend.
  • Chokers: My personal favorite, dress up a plain top with a chain choker or a bolo tie choker. These are so easy to DIY as well.

• Band Tees: Wear them as a dress or with some ripped jeans for an edgy vibe.
  • Overalls: If you’re running late to class or a meeting, throw on some overalls over a cute top to save time!

Annabelle is a Senior at Clark University, finishing her undergraduate studies in Business Management, and starting her MBA studies in the 5th year accelerated degree program at Clark. She loves fashion, photography, and writing!