Five Things Every Jew Thinks During Passover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

It’s almost halfway through Passover, and it’s truly my least favorite Jewish holiday. And yeah, while “every” is an exaggeration, I bet you’ve thought of at least some of these things during the holiday.

Is this Kosher of Passover?

With the caf and the bistro as a Clark student’s main option, it can be hard to keep up with a balanced meal lifestyle throughout this holiday, especially when you have to sometimes question what you can really eat. (Hint: no grains, corn, or beans.)

How much longer?

If you’re in Israel, Passover lasts seven days. If you’re outside of Israel, it lasts eight days. Eight. Long. Days.

The maztah can’t be as bad as last year

Nope. You’re wrong. It’s still the dry, bad cracker-y stuff.

I’m so hungry

I, at least, feel like I don’t eat as much during Passover.

I hate this

Matzah is gross. The food is limited. I want better tasting food. I just want this to be over.

Yay Passover!

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.