Life > High School

The Five Most Important Questions to ask on your College Overnight

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

So, you’re here. You’re alone with a stranger and a sleeping bag, visiting your dream school (or your absolutely not intended school), and you’re expected to talk. Here’s a list of questions from two overnight hosts and two prospective students.

Are you happy with where you live?

This question could be interpretted a couple different ways. It’s important to give your host space to talk, so that you know that they aren’t just giving you the answer that you want to hear.

What are three words that describe your campus culture?

It’s important to know “the vibe” of your college. While no individual can be reduced to stereotypes and there are many different subcultures on college campus, it’s not a bad idea to find out what the general energy is.

What is the party culture like at your school?

Is there Greek life? Can you get into parties without being in Greek life? If there’s not Greek life, what are the parties like?

What has been your favorite moment of your college career?

For me, it was directing Vagina Monologues. It can tell you a lot about campus life to hear about that great moment.

What do you wish you knew before coming to college?

Learn from your mistakes and perhaps more importantly, learn from other people’s mistakes.  

The most important advice, relax, have fun, and enjoy this moment of no-pressure college life. 

She is a Junior and majoring in International Development and Social Change. PC: Rose Wine Photography