Kristen Bryant-Girl Lounging Relax Logo 2
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Lately I have been adjusting to the transition from summer to school. One of the biggest changes has been finding downtime where I can truly relax. Between work, school, leadership positions, running a website and maintaining relationships, there did not seem like much time for just me until recently. Sometimes if you do not see a way, make a way. Recently I opened my laptop, found “The Center for Pain and Management” and booked a massage appointment. It is exactly what I needed. While this is not an option for all, there are many other similar self care practices.

Exercise

Going to your local gym or even doing an at-home workout could be just what you are missing. If you are someone who likes to have an instructor, look up videos on Youtube. Find a gym buddy to continue to motivate you to go if you need.

Yoga

Yoga combines physical, mental and spiritual avenues to help you become well rounded with your emotions, health, and wellbeing. There are practices for as short as five minutes or as long as an hour. Namaste…

Dance

Put on your favorite upbeat song and go all out. Dancing brings people together to have a good time. If you like slower music, play that Beethoven along with forty leaps if you feel like it.

Hike

Look up a local trail near you and set out to your next adventure. The beauty which comes with hiking is getting to see the peaceful and alluring nature around you. Smell the fresh air, breathe in and breathe out.

Run

Run away from your problems, just kidding. But in all seriousness, running helps people in various ways. Grab your headphones, put on some lofi beats or hip-hop music and start running. Some of the best runs are when you do not have a set destination. Be safe: wear highlight colors in the dark, watch out for cars, try to stay in public areas which are not secluded.

Meditate

Breathe in and out. *Background calming music with a guided voice whispering ASMR motivational and positive affirmations*. Enough said, boosting your overall mental health. 

Joy is a senior at Clark University majoring in Management on a data analytics and marketing track with a minor in Community Youth and Education Studies. She loves going on road trips and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys trying various cultural cuisines (Indian food is her favorite **Chicken saag with a side of naan please**) and has an obsession with going to Morocco.
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.