Campus Celebrity: Eddie McCluskey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is the lead in our fall musical Company, junior Eddie McCluskey! 

Year: Junior

Major: Math Major and Theater Minor

Hometown: Camden, Maine

Tell us a little about what you do at Clark.

I’m very involved in the Clark community. Until this year I was on the Varsity Swim Team and I’m very involved in the Theater Department. This semester I am involved in multiple shows, two of which I produced, and I am E-board as Treasurer for the Players Society (CUPS).

Currently, I’m involved in CMT’s Production of Company and was just in a student run show for Playfest (Garden Party). I produced two other Players Society shows for Playfest.

What do you miss about not swimming any more?

I miss being in shape *laughs* I miss suffering with that wonderful group of people because you grow close to them as you torture yourself for two hours before you start your days at 5am. The bond you have as swimmers part of that team is really great and I’m glad I got to be so close with the team.

What’s your favorite thing about being involved in theater?

I love to perform and all the relationships I’ve build with it.

What is it like to balance CUPS and CMT?

It was busy! I was jumping around rehearsals all night, from one to another from 6-11pm every day (juggling Garden Party and Company). At the same time as a producer I had to make sure that the other two shows were running smoothly and getting them all that they needed.

Both clubs are really different. It’s hard to compare them. I enjoy preforming in CMT more but I really like CUPS and the relationships I’ve build there, and the relationships that come out of it. It’s a lot of fun. Crazy, but a lot of fun.  

You’re currently the lead right now in Company, what can we expect out of that show?

Company is a musical comedy about a mid thirties bachelor named Robert who contemplates life, love and marriage though a series of vignettes with his numerous girlfriends and married friends.

What its been like to work on Company?

It’s been fun and challenging. I’ve gotten to work with a number of really talented individuals and they all play their parts so well. I frequently feel like they create these characters that are very funny and easy to work with, and really all outshine each other, they’re all so great. The talent in this show is phenomenal and we’re going to ultimately create a fantastic show.

Do you have any advice for people getting involved with theater?

Do it. Go for it. Don’t let anything stop you. Don’t let anything get in your way go to every audition. It’s worth all the rejection and the uncertainty. My advice is to try and fail and fail again and keep trying because you’re going to make it.

Have you thought about what you want to do in the upcoming years?

I’m on track to be a math teacher. But really I don’t know what I want to do but I want to be happy. In ten years I want to be a starving actor… which I currently am so it works out well. Or dead.

What’s something not many people know about you

I’m a hopeless Pokémon dork! 

Be sure to see Eddie in CMT’s Production of Company! December 2nd-5th 7:30pm in Atwood!

Jess is a Senior at Clark University who hails from Detroit, Michigan. She spends her time at college studying Psychology and Culture Studies & Communication, and trying to get involved in everything she can on campus! Jess wears a number of hat's around campus such as, President of the Student Activities Board, Co-President of Radio of Clark University, an intern for the Student Leadership and Programming Office, waitress at Annies Clark Brunch, and the Events Director for Clark's chapter of Her Campus! In her spare time Jess enjoys listening to music, reading, exploring Worcester, and spending time with friends!