Brawl: Cardi B v. Nicki Minaj at NYFW Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Cardi B was caught on video Friday night throwing her shoe at Nicki Minaj.

The “I Like It” rapper was escorted out of The Plaza Hotel in New York City, without shoes but with a golf ball-sized lump on her head, according to the Daily Mail.

Access Online Correspondent Liliana Vasquez captured the fight on video.

Witnesses reported that Cardi B “aggressively approached.”

“It was bad. They were separated by security, but Cardi was still try to get at her,” a source told Page Six. “She took off a giant red shoe and threw it at Nicki — who was being blocked up against a wall by huge security guards.”

While Cardi B appeared to lunch at Nicki Minaj, security guards stepped in.

Police were reportedly called on Cardi B.

There are conflicting reports as to what started the altercation.

Immediately, Cardi B took to Instagram. She wrote, “I’ve let a lot of s*** slide! I let you sneak diss me, I let you lie on me, I let you attmept to stop my bags, f*** up the way I eat! You’ve threaten other artists in the industry, told them if they work with me you’ll stop f*** with them!! I let you talk big s*** about me!! I addressed you once in person, I addressed you a second time in person, and every time you copped the plea!! But when you mention my child, you choose to like comments about me as a mother, make comments about my abilities to take care of my daughter is when all betsare f****** off!! I’ve worked to hard and come too far to let anybody f*** with my success!!!! B****** talk all that s*** in they raps but in real life they p*****!! This s*** really is for entertainment!!”

Nicki Minaj took to Instagram only to post photos from the night, without reference to the altercation.

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.