Behind the Scenes of Gala: Lamarre Edouard!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

We sat down with sophomore Lamarre Edouard to talk about his first experience performing in Gala!

Name: Lamarre Edouard

Year/Major: Sophomore/Psychology

Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts

Which country’s performance(s) are you participating in this year for Gala?: Haiti

Is this your first time performing in Gala?: Yes it was, and I definitely plan to keep performing.

What made you want to be a part of this country/region’s performance? I watched the event for the first time last year and after seeing the amazing effort that people put into their country’s performance, I knew that I wanted to be a part of it and to represent my country.

What is your favorite part about being in Gala?: I loved seeing the excitement and joy that everyone felt the day of GALA. Whether it was fans that were viewing or the students involved in organizing and performing, everyone was in such lively spirits.

Thanks Lamarre!

*All photos were retrieved from personal Facebook pages

Ciara is a student at Clark studying Political Science as well as Cultural Studies & Communication. She spends her time running around between classes, working at both the Campus Store and Annie's Clark Brunch and trying to figure out what to do with her life after she graduates this May. When Ciara is not juggling her busy schedule, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, binge-watching Netflix (specifically The Office) and reminiscing her semester abroad in Ireland. Her favorite color is green and her guilty pleasure TV shows are The Bachelor and Dance Moms. Ciara is thrilled to be a Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Kelly Rourke! Be sure to follow her daily shenanigans via Twitter and Instagram @ckils23 HCxo